Dogecoin: Why did Slim Jim tweet about Doge?
Slim Jim — the company that makes the beef jerky sticks — recently tweeted about Dogecoin, sort of, but it’s unclear what it means.
The Slim Jim Twitter account shared a GIF of what appears to be the moon with a dog on its face, a clear reference to the Dogecoin cryptocurrency’s logo of the Shiba Inu dog meme.
- “Reject society. Become Doge,” the account tweeted.
- Slim Jim added the hashtag: “#DoOnlyGoodEveryday.”
Why did Slim Jim tweet about Dogecoin?
We don’t really know. But the tweet came hours after Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said on Twitter that more companies need to accept Dogecoin in order for it to be a successful form of internet currency.
- “Meme coins like Doge only work if they gain utility and users use them for that utility,” he tweeted.
- “As long as more companies take doge for products/services, then Doge can be a usable currency,” he tweeted.
- “But, overall, when someone brings up Dogecoin to you and asks you if it’s a good investment, I wouldn’t say it’s the world’s best investment, but it’s a whole lot better than a lottery ticket and it’s a great way to learn and start understanding cryptocurrencies,” Cuban said.